"Enabling independent living through education, health and well-being" *****
Rhayader and District Community Support was 30 year old in 2015. It was formed to provide community services for all residents in the postcode area of LD6, particularly in the advancement of education, the furtherance of health and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness.
- The main office and Community Shop are housed in The Arches, a handsome building in the centre of Rhayader.
- The Community Nursery is situated in the grounds of Rhayader Primary School.
- Our Second Hand Furniture and Recycling Centre is situated at Unit 3, East Street Trading Estate (by the Museum)
The Arches is run by a Trustee board of ten local people volunteering a wide range of skills and abilities and a staff team of seven, all part-time. The team is supplemented by around 40 volunteers helping in the office, shop and on our community projects.
The services we provide at The Arches
- Community Transport
- Community Volunteering
- Good Neighbours friendship scheme
- Advice, information and support
- Rhayader Cooking Club and Easy-access allotment
- "Forget-me-Knot" Circle (Dementia Support)
- Hosting clubs and activities to promote social inclusion and healthy living
- PAT testing for charities